protel is one of the world's leading providers of hotel management software. Our technology and service solutions are developed at protel's headquarters in Dortmund, Germany and distributed through a global network of business partners. Our motto: Experience meets innovation! Our drive: Providing our customers with the most efficient solutions! The result: Technology that's fun! Our cloud and on-premise solutions continue to set new standards in the hospitality industry - whether at the front office, in online sales, or with role-specific apps for hotel managers and their teams.
Our company headquarters in Dortmund, Germany, is looking for a full-time
C# / .NET Software Developer (m/w/d)
Developing software is more than just writing code. As part of an agile team, you are always interconnected with the development process and very close to it when your development is implemented. As a team, you work with stakeholders to analyze their requirements, create solutions, eliminate bugs, continuously optimize existing code, and ensure the smooth operation of the solution in the data center.
We work with agile development methods and use the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence).
The tasks are manifold
- Development and maintenance of the web service interface between local customer applications, mobile applications, and our Cloud solutions
- Analysis of customer requirements, planning and implementation of .NET projects
- Analysis and debugging in complex error situations
- Maintenance and optimization of existing solutions
- Training and support of colleagues in the support and documentation department as well as our national and international customers and business partners
What you need to bring along besides dedication and fun in technology
- Degree in Computer Sciences or similar training
- Commitment to agile software development
- Safe handling of the.NET framework, C# 4.0 and relevant tools
- Very good working knowledge of JSON and XML
- Ideally, good working knowledge of programming REST web services with ServiceStack.NET
- Practical experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (especially Microsoft SQL, Mongo DB)
- Knowledge of network protocols (experience with XMPP an advantage)
- Good command of both spoken and written German and English
What you should expect from protel
- Austausch im Team von mehr als 90 protel Softwareentwicklern
- Work in a rapidly growing company with subsidiaries in Vienna and Atlanta
- Flat hierarchies and open communication channels
- Work in an international, open-minded, and committed team that never forgets to have fun
- The perspective to get to know different worlds of technology and always try something new
- The chance to get involved, be creative, and to actively shape our future
- The opportunity to learn a great deal and to develop and grow personally
- Flexible working hours
- Hoodies instead of ties - come as you are!
- A smooth start to the day with coffee specialities, free drinks, and fresh fruit
- Feel-Good package with onboarding, local gym use, company parties, corporate benefits program, teamsporting events, summer ice-cream, and much more...
- If you're still having a bad day, one of our 14 office dogs will certainly help cheer you up
We would be happy to look at your certificates and references. What interests us even more is who you are, what you enjoy doing, and what your passions are. If this fits in with our goals, you will be able to achieve great things here at protel hotelsoftware, while developing yourself personally. We'd really like to get to know you. Just send us your application to email@example.com or directly via our Contact Form. Please also state your salary expectations, your earliest possible starting date, and how you found out about the position. Feel free to visit our website to find out more about protel hotelsoftware.
protel hotelsoftware GmbH
Director of Development
Europaplatz 8 | 44269 Dortmund
T: +49 231 915 93 0