protel is one of the world’s leading providers of hotel management software. Our technology and service solutions are developed at protel’s headquarters in Dortmund, Germany and distributed through a global network of business partners. Our motto: Experience meets innovation! Our drive: Providing our customers with the most efficient solutions! The result: Technology that’s fun! Our cloud and on-premise solutions continue to set new standards in the hospitality industry – whether at the front office, in online sales, or with role-specific apps for hotel managers and their teams.
For our location in Dortmund or Vienna we are looking for a full time
Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
The protel presales team consists of senior product experts who specialize in customer-facing product consultancy. They are intimately familiar with the entire protel product portfolio and always take a holistic approach when designing a proposed solution, which may include components outside the protel portfolio.
Their expertise extends to knowledge of the industry vendor landscape, enabling them to make the best possible recommendations to the customer. They are specifically trained to assist the customer during the vendor selection process.
The tasks are manifold
- Understanding and evaluating customer requirements based on RFI/RFP process
- Designing a solution that will support both the customer’s immediate requirements and their vision
- Presenting the proposed solution using professional assets
- Conducting workshops in the presales phase to assess the products suitability and performing gap analysis
- Being the liaison between customer and product management in the vendor selection phase
- Support the protel sales representative in vendor selection phase on all product related topics
- International traveling to support protel distributors on tradeshow or complex customer meetings
What you need to bring along
- Successfully completed training or studies in the hotel industry
- Excellent English spoken and written, German would be a plus
- Deep knowledge of PMS (protel PMS is preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, as well as confident appearance and assertiveness
- The ability to work independently, structured and organized
- A high degree of quality awareness, initiative and process-oriented thinking
What you should expect from protel
- Work in a rapidly growing company with subsidiaries in Vienna and Atlanta
- Flat hierarchies and open communication channels
- Work in an international, open-minded, and committed team that never forgets to have fun
- The chance to get involved, be creative, and to actively shape our future
- The opportunity to learn a great deal and to develop and grow personally
- Flexible working hours
- Hoodies instead of ties – come as you are!
- A smooth start to the day with coffee specialties, free drinks, and fresh fruit
- Feel-Good package with onboarding, local gym use, company parties, corporate benefits program, teamsporting events, summer ice-cream, and much more…
- If you’re still having a bad day, one of our 14 office dogs will certainly help cheer you up
We’d love to look at your certificates and references. What interests us even more is what you are, what you enjoy and what drives you. We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com or direct via our contact form. Please also state your salary expectations, the earliest possible starting date and where you became aware of us. Of course, you can also find more information about protel on our website. protel is an equal opportunity employer.
protel hotelsoftware GmbH
VP Business Development
Europaplatz 8 | 44269 Dortmund
T: 0231 915 93 0