protel is one of the world's leading providers of hotel management software. Our technology and service solutions are developed at protel's headquarters in Dortmund, Germany and distributed through a global network of business partners. Our motto: Experience meets innovation! Our drive: Providing our customers with the most efficient solutions! The result: Technology that's fun! Our cloud and on-premise solutions continue to set new standards in the hospitality industry - whether at the front office, in online sales, or with role-specific apps for hotel managers and their teams.
Our company headquarters in Dortmund, Germany, is looking for a full-time
Hotel Software – Support Consultant (m/f/d)
As a Support Consultant (m/f/d) you support our customers on the phone or by e-mail in case of incoming failures, solve those independently and advise our customers how to use our software even better. Furthermore, you will always drive out to the hotels where you will carry out installations and training courses. For all these tasks, you will receive ongoing training in our in-house academy, especially at the beginning but also later.
The tasks are manifold
- Technical support and advice for customers and business partners via phone or email
- Planning, implementation and follow-up of installations and maintenance of our software products on-site at the customer or remotely
- Increasing and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Maintenance of our ticket tool and our knowledge database
- Detailed documentation of the work steps and the solution process according to internal standards and guidelines
- Planning and implementation of user training courses
- Creation, documentation and maintenance of installation instructions according to internal standards
- If needed, support of our sales staff at product presentations at trade fairs and for customers
What you need to bring along besides dedication and fun in technology
It is important for us that you are familiar with the processes and procedures in the hotel industry and that you have an interest in IT-technology. We will teach you everything beyond that. All our support staff originally come from the hotel industry and have been trained accordingly. The important thing is that you are open to new ideas and interested in taking a look behind the scenes.
- A degree in Computer Science or a successfully completed training in the hotel and/or IT industries
- Solid working knowledge of computers and a high level of interest in the area of information technology
- Direct experience in the hotel business or knowledge of the hotel industry is necessary so that you can put yourself in the shoes of our customers
- Very good command of both spoken and written German and English
- The ability to work independently, make decisions, and not be afraid of taking on responsibility
- Eloquence and a good manner of expression while always maintaining a friendly tone even in stressful situations
- Customer-oriented work philosophy and the demand to always offer first-class service
- Good communication skills and a team player, as well as a confident and assertive demeanor
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to occasionally work late, at night, or on weekends. (These shifts are only staffed with a small number of supporters which means that the shifts rotate)
What you should expect from protel
- Work in a rapidly growing company with subsidiaries in Vienna and Atlanta
- Flat hierarchies and open communication channels
- Work in an international, open-minded, and committed team that never forgets to have fun
- The perspective to get to know different worlds of technology and always try something new
- The chance to get involved, be creative, and to actively shape our future
- The opportunity to learn a great deal and to develop and grow personally
- Hoodies instead of ties - come as you are!
- A smooth start to the day with coffee specialities, free drinks, and fresh fruit
- Feel-Good package with onboarding, local gym use, company parties, corporate benefits program, teamsporting events, summer ice-cream, and much more...
- If you're still having a bad day, one of our 14 office dogs will certainly help cheer you up